01 Mar 9.30am
0 places remaining
RYA Aquatic First Aid
In a medical emergency a little first aid knowledge and immediate action can save lives, especially in remote locations. This one-day course is designed to provide a working knowledge of first aid for people using small craft and to support skippers.
It fulfils the requirements for:
- professional skippers of small craft working within 60 miles of a safe haven, including Boatmasters;
- the Senior First Aid certificate needed by offshore racers subject to ISAF's regulations on first aid training (OSR 4.08.4).
- RYA Dinghy Instructors and Senior Instructors.
- British Canoeing Level 1 and 2 coaches.
The course is recommended by the MCA and HSE.
Course topics include:
- the recovery position in a confined space
- CPR, including the drowning protocol
- cold shock and hypothermia from immersion and/or exposure
- seasickness and dehydration
- medical assistance or advice by VHF
- helicopter rescue
- Defibrillator training
9.30am - 6pm
Certificate and first aid manual included
Sold out No spaces available. Please choose another date.
A Royal Yachting Association (RYA) & British Canoeing (BC) approved training centre, regulated by the Adventure Activities Licensing Service (AALS).