14 Jan 18:30
2 places remaining
RYA Day Skipper Theory
This course covers all essentials of near-shore navigation, collision regulations, meteorology, tidal calculations, safety and much more. It is essential preparation for the Day Skipper Practical course.
40 hours over 10 Monday evenings
Mon 14th Jan to 18th March, 18:30 - 22:30 each day
Our centre in Pimlico, face to face with an instructor. This is not an online course but there will be an element of homework.
- the basics of seamanship
- the essentials of coastal navigation and pilotage
- electronic charts
- position fixing
- plotting a course to steer
- weather forecasting and meteorology
- collision regulations
- construction, parts and equipment of a cruising boat
- emergency and safety procedures incl. distress calls, use of flares, safety harnesses, lifejackets and liferafts
- RYA Training Charts
- RYA Training Almanac
- RYA Day Skipper Course Notes
- RYA Chart Simulator Software
- RYA Exercise Book
How to book
Click the button below. You can add additional places to your booking using the guest option. If you're booking one place, please select "0" guests.
Booking is not complete until payment is made.
Book this activity Reserve a space on this date
A Royal Yachting Association (RYA) & British Canoeing (BC) approved training centre, regulated by the Adventure Activities Licensing Service (AALS).